Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Decisions Decisions


Last Wednesday we went to the "Design Center" to pick out all the floors, fixtures, counters, paint, etc. for our new home. They set up a 4 hours appointment which I thought was ridiculously long but I'm here to tell you we used every minute of it and more. I woke up the next morning in a panic thinking I have to change those kitchen counter tops! Even when you have a picture in your mind of what you want it to look like when you get down to the nitty gritty of choosing, it can be mind boggling. After a trip to the paint store (I didn't like their paint samples) and another visit to the design center we finally got it all picked out.

We had to meet with the builder Saturday morning to finalize our selections so we made a quick drive by the lot. We were so excited to see that they have finally broken ground! The frame was up for the slab.

Here is Tom standing on what will be the back porch. The only thing missing is a chair and his radio set to country western hits!



Finally some progress. We are on are way!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting and scary! It will be gorgeous, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you all! It sometimes gets crazy picking out every thing from doorknobs to cabinet pulls but I love doing that!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete