Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hot Summers

When it gets hot I turn into a slug.  My body just does not tolerate the heat well.  You know how some people get the winter blues in January?  I get the summer blues.  It slips up on me when the temperature starts climbing above 90.  Today we are supposed to hit 105. The rest of the week is looking bleak too.  Triple digits as far as you can see.  I'm working on snapping myself out of this slump. 


I'm trying to keep good thoughts instead.

A big butterfly landed on a golf ball in our yard.

Blackeyed Susan's down the street.

Cold Refreshing Watermelon.  I'm drooling already.


"REAL" vine ripe tomato's from Jacksonville Texas


A ballet of sprinklers out back.  Makes me want to run in them like a kid.


Speaking of kids.  This was many years ago probably 16 or so.  Jackson is the chub in the front and of course Molly has the white bowl on her head.



Stay cool any way you can!

3 comments:

  1. I love WARM weather and think about it all winter when I'm freezing BUT this has been the worst heat....or am I just getting OLD???

    Love the old pic of the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post....I feel the same way! The pictures made me smile, thank you for that!

    Beck
    :)

    ReplyDelete