Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Molly

Today is Molly's birthday! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems just a short time ago since the day she was born. My labor was loooong and preparing me for an emergency c-section the Dr. decided to try forceps first. I heard him say "I knew that was a stubborn little girl". They placed her in my arms and I remember she wasn't crying just looking at me in a bewildered sort of way. When I looked into her dark brown eyes my world and the purpose of my life changed forever.

The last couple of days the words from the song "Turn Around" has been playing in my head.

Where are you goin', my little one, little one?
Where are you goin', my baby my own?
Turn around and you're two, turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young girl, going out of the door.

This picture was taken on her first birthday. When I put this picture in Molly's baby album I wrote underneath "On My Way". I never knew how true that would turn out to be. Time has flown by so fast since the day she was born. She has filled our lives with joy and we are so proud of the young woman she is today.

Turn Around
Turn Around


Happy Birthday Molly!

On September 27, 1985 you got the "Birthday".




We got the "Present"!

Love You Dearly,

Mom and Dad

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, That is so precious!! Definitely put a huge lump in my throat. Our children grow up much too fast, don't they? Seems like one day, they're born; the next, they're adults and on their own. My oldest daughter will be off to college next year and I often wonder if I'll even be able to survive. I know I will, of course, but letting go is never easy. Hope Molly has a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom!!! That is the sweetest thing I have ever read...there isn't a dry eye in this house right now :)

    By the way...I am subscribed to your blog :)

    Love,
    Haley -- Your FAVORITE daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 23rd Molly! I remember you being the cutest little baby....and guess what...you still are!!

    Sweet post Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Molly!!! I remember when she was born - I was 12! That makes me feel old! I wish I could see you and Molly more often!
    This post made me sad. I already love Harper so much and she's not even here yet - I'm already sad about her going to kindergarden and imagining her going to college REALLY makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete