Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthday Cake

I have been wanting to redesign my blog for a long time.  I have finally figured out how to do it "the way I want to do it"  and it was right under my nose all this time.  Once I get started there is no telling what you might see pop up on this page.  Bear with me.

Speaking of right under my nose!



Yesterday was my birthday.  So to completely spoil myself I made an Italian Creme Cake.  I just love this cake recipe.  It's from the The Cotton Country Collection cookbook.  Full of nuts, coconut and topped off with cream cheese buttercream frosting.  I even had a piece for breakfast this morning.  Yum!

My nephew Chris and I and the "Girl Scouts", share the same birthday.  Unfortunately Chris missed the cake.

Sorry Chris, I promise I'll make it up to you.

You knew this picture post was coming didn't you.

I just couldn't help myself.

You're just too darn cute!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good birthday! That cake looks DELISH!!! Yum!

    Love the picture of Chris....I've never seen it! Grandma probably told him she wasn't taking him to Target! Also I never saw him like this much...pretty easy-going kid, thank goodness! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I'm thinking that could have been a time when Kelly had hit me for 'blinking my eyes like a frog in a hailstorm' in front of the camera!

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you 2 had a Happy Birthday! You are both adorable! :) I need that recipe, Tia!

    ReplyDelete