Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back to School



Tomorrow is the first day of school. My kids were always excited about going to school (at least the first day). I took care of their butterflies, anxiety and tears by having them myself. Each year it was easier to send them off, by the end of summer everyone was ready! This year I have two SENIORS. Jackson will be a senior in high school and Molly a senior in college. Where has the time gone?


Molly 1st Day of Kindergarten







Jackson 1st Day of Kindergarten



We have moved past the excitement and exhaustion of shopping for all the required school items, i.e. 8 pocket folders in all different colors with brads, pens, pencils, highlighters, kleenex, baggies, even candy. I could go on!!! That was just elementary school. In middle school you were given a list from EACH teacher. Once they got into high school the lists were shorter. Now as long as they have the basic pen, pencils, and paper you're set.




Secretly Iknow they are both still excited.

Clothes shopping is still on their to do list and this year Jackson added cologne as a must (Oh My). He even asked me to wake him up early today. So the excitement is still there, at least for one more year. As for me, I can't wait until the end of the day to ask them "How was your first day at school?" one more time.


2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of Molly and Jackson!!! Can't believe they are both seniors!!! I'm so old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be an exciting year for all of you! The baby birds are leaving the nest.....harder on Mom than the kids usually!

    Jackson and Molly, have a great "last" year!!

    ReplyDelete